Nigerian football star, Victor Osimhen didn’t make it to the top ten shortlist for the 2023 UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award. CONTINUE READING>>>>>
Victor Osimhen was one of the hottest strikers in the world as he banged in goals to set individual records and helped his team to break age-long boundaries.
In the season (2022-2023) under review, the 24-year-old Victor Osimhen scored 26 goals and provided 5 assists in 32 league goals to help Napoli win the Scudetto for the first time in 33 years.
The performance also earned him the best striker of the season and the golden boot in the Italian Serie A.
While in the UEFA Champions League, the Nigeria international scored five goals in six games to help Napoli get to the quarter-final stage of the competition for the first time in the club’s history.
Despite that, Victor Osimhen didn’t even make the top ten cut for the 2023 UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award.
As expected, Belgium’s Kevin De Bruyne and Norway’s Erling Haaland, who helped Manchester City to win the treble – Premier League, UEFA Champions League, and the FA Cup last season, are part of the top three finalists.
The usual suspect, Lionel Messi, makes up the third finalist after helping Paris Saint Germain to win the league before he moved to Inter Miami and helped his country, Argentina, to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
Other players who made the top ten UEFA Player of the Year shortlist are:
4. İlkay Gündoğan (Germany & Manchester City, now at Barcelona)
5. Rodri (Spain & Manchester City)
6. Kylian Mbappé (France & Paris)
7. Luka Modrić (Croatia & Real Madrid)
8. Marcelo Brozović (Croatia & Inter, now at Al Nassr)
9. Declan Rice (England & West Ham, now at Arsenal)
10. Alexis Mac Allister (Argentina & Brighton, now at Liverpool)…… Continue Your Reading