Are you planning to study in the UK but missed the usual September or January intake? Don’t worry! Many UK universities offer alternative intakes, including April to June intake, for international students who want to start their studies in 2023.
In this article, we’ll explore the universities that offer these intakes, the application deadlines, and the documents required to apply…… CONTINUE READING
April-May Intake in UK Universities 2023 List
Here’s a list of UK universities that offer an April to May intake for international students in 2023:
- University of Bristol
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leeds
- University of Manchester
- University of Southampton
- University of Warwick
- King’s College London
- University of Surrey
- Newcastle University
Note that this list is not exhaustive, and there may be other universities that offer this intake. It’s always a good idea to check with the university you’re interested in to see if they have alternative intakes available.
UK University Application Deadline 2023 for International Students
The application deadline for the April to June intake in UK universities varies from one institution to another. Typically, it’s recommended that you submit your application at least six months before the start of your course. For the April to June intake, you should aim to submit your application no later than February or March 2023.
It’s worth noting that some universities have rolling admissions, which means they accept applications throughout the year. If you’re interested in a university with rolling admissions, you can apply at any time, although it’s still recommended that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
March Intake in UK Universities 2023
If you missed the September or January intake, you can also consider applying for the March intake. Many UK universities offer this intake, which starts in the spring semester. Some of the universities that offer the March intake include:
- University of Birmingham
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- University of Sheffield
- University of Sussex
- University of York
Again, this is not an exhaustive list, and you should check with the university directly to see if they offer a March intake.
February Intake Universities in UK 2023
Another alternative intake for international students is the February intake. This intake is available at some UK universities and typically starts in the second semester. Here are some universities that offer a February intake:
- University of Aberdeen
- Coventry University
- Middlesex University
- University of Reading
- University of Stirling
- University of West London
When to Apply for January Intake in UK
The January intake is the most popular intake for international students in the UK, and it’s recommended that you apply at least six months in advance. The application deadline for the January intake is usually around September or October of the previous year.
For example, if you want to start your course in January 2023, you should aim to submit your application by September or October 2022.
June Intake Universities in UK 2023
The June intake is less common than other intakes, but some UK universities offer this option for international students. The June intake typically starts in the summer semester, and the application deadline is usually around March or April. Here are some universities that offer a June intake:
- Birkbeck, University of London
- University of East Anglia
- University of Essex
- University of Greenwich
- University of Huddersfield
- University of Lincoln
Master’s Application Deadline UK 2023
Before we get into the specifics of applying for the April to June intake, let’s first discuss the general application deadlines for master’s programs in the UK.
The deadlines for master’s applications in the UK vary from university to university but typically fall between December and March. This means that if you want to start your master’s degree in September 2023, you should aim to submit your application by the end of March 2023.
However, as mentioned earlier, some universities in the UK offer an April to June intake. This means that you have a second chance to apply if you missed the general application deadline.
The specific deadlines for the April to June intake vary from university to university, so it’s important to check with the universities you’re interested in to find out their deadlines.
May Intake Universities in UK 2023 for Masters
Now that you know the general and specific deadlines for master’s applications in the UK, let’s look at some of the universities that offer an April to June intake in 2023.
- University of Manchester: The University of Manchester offers a May intake for several of its master’s programs, including Engineering, Law, and Business.
- University of Nottingham: The University of Nottingham offers a June intake for some of its master’s programs, including Finance, Management, and Health Sciences.
- University of Warwick: The University of Warwick offers an April intake for its master’s program in Data Analytics.
- University of Edinburgh: The University of Edinburgh offers an April intake for some of its master’s programs, including Computer Science, Finance, and Business Analytics.
- University of Leeds: The University of Leeds offers a May intake for several of its master’s programs, including Accounting, Finance, and Management.
These are just a few examples of universities in the UK that offer an April to June intake for master’s programs. However, it’s important to note that not all master’s programs have an April to June intake, so it’s important to check with the universities you’re interested in to find out if they offer this option.
Documents Needed for Master’s Applications
When applying for a master’s degree in the UK, there are several documents you will need to submit along with your application. These typically include:
- Transcripts: You will need to provide transcripts of your previous academic qualifications, such as a bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Personal statement: You will need to write a personal statement explaining why you want to study the particular program and what makes you a suitable candidate.
- Letters of recommendation: You may need to provide letters of recommendation from academic or professional referees.
- English language proficiency: If English is not your first language, you may need to provide proof of English language proficiency through tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- CV or resume: You may need to provide a CV or resume outlining your academic and professional experience.
May Intake Universities in UK 2023 for Masters
- University of Birmingham: The University of Birmingham offers an April to June intake for many of its postgraduate programs, including Master’s programs. The university is known for its research-intensive programs and has a diverse student body.
- Coventry University: Coventry University offers a May intake for several of its postgraduate programs. The university is known for its innovative programs and excellent facilities, making it an attractive option for many students.
- University of Sussex: The University of Sussex offers a May intake for a few of its postgraduate programs. The university is located near the seaside and has a vibrant student community, making it a popular destination for students.
- University of Bristol: The University of Bristol offers an April to June intake for some of its postgraduate programs. The university is known for its research-led teaching and has a rich history dating back to 1876.
UK universities that offer an April to June intake for postgraduate programs provide students with a great opportunity to still apply for their desired program if they miss the main intake.
However, it is important to note that not all universities offer this intake, and the programs available may be limited.
Additionally, the application process can be quite rigorous, and students should ensure that they have all the required documents before applying…… CONTINUE READING