The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, according to the Punch, has appointed Mr. Abdulkarim Chukkol as the organization’s interim chairman.
President Bola Tinubu had suspended Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa, the former head of the panel, just the day before.
The following five ways are used to describe the new EFCC director:
1. Chukkol is a graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigations National Academy, the European Center for Security Studies, and the Nigerian War College, all of which are situated in Quantico.CONTINUE READING>>>>>
2. In 2000, he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics from Maiduguri University. Additionally, he has postgraduate certificates in criminal justice education from the University of Virginia and graduate diplomas in cybersecurity and spectrum management from the United States Telecommunication Training Institute in Washington, DC.
3. He was the Director of Operations for the EFCC before assuming his new role.
4. He was a founding employee of the commission and a notable EFCC Cadet Course One graduate. He served as the pioneer commander of the Uyo zonal command, the Port Harcourt zonal command’s commander, and the head of the Lagos and Abuja zonal commands’ sections dealing with advance fee fraud and cybercrime between 2011 and 2016.…… Continue Your Reading
5. He has received many accolades and awards both domestically and abroad, such as the “Most Outstanding Award in Operations” from the EFCC and the “Outstanding Performance Award” from the US Department of Justice, among others.
The Director of Information for the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Willie Bassey, made this announcement on Wednesday.